A knock on the door of your new home, and it’s your tech-guy here to setup your new Wi-Fi connection. When he boots up your system, he types in some numbers on your browser starting with ‘192’ and arouses your curiosity. It’s definitely no Mr. Robot or The Matrix level of Computer Science that he’s employing, and Router Login is going to beat and scoop it down for you: 192.168.1.7, your friendly neighborhood (but only accessed by you), IP address.
NOTE: – Always type correct IP address in your browser i.e. “192.168.1.7” Most of the times we end up typing wrong IP such as 192.168.07, 192.168.7, 192.168.o.7, 192.168.1.l.
If you are a fan of Star Wars, you’ll know Finn, the stormtrooper as FN-2187, & your friendly bots BB8 and R2D2. These are unique identifications with IDs, and so are Internet Protocols. 192.168.1.7 is one such unique address that definitely doesn’t feature on Star Wars, but helps you stream it online by providing you an Internet Network. Any device like a phone, tablet, a laptop, and even a Jedi Knight (The Force is strong in that one) can have an IP assigned to it.
IP is an Internet Protocol, which is a set of rules governing the format of data sent over the Internet. 1.92.168.o.1 admin is one such IP address that is generally for a private network.
It is the default location for a local internet connection (like a Wi-Fi at your home), thanks to wireless routers. It is so designed that only the devices which fall under this specific system can be connected to it. Truly, your destiny decides your privilege here. Routers, modems, or any Internet Of Things device can be connected to this network system. A variety of these brands use this IP address (192.168.1.7): FRITZ, AVM, Ubee. The default IP Addresses vary from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.178.255.
About 192.168.1.7 IP Address
It consists of features such as Security, Parental Control, Access Control, IP & MAC Binding, Bandwidth Control, etc.
It requires a login to disallow illegal users from modifying your Internet resources. Once you login to your IP, you enter your Router Admin Panel. It is the user-side webpage to alter the router’s method vis-a-vis mode of functioning. Status of the Firmware Version, Hardware Version, and LAN Status such as MAC Address, IP Address, and Subnet Masks will be at the first screen, once you login.
Say you want to setup your latest IoT device, or the cool gadget you ordered on Amazon. You need not know the A-Zs of tech or enter the Dark Side of the Force to set them up, but follow a few steps that we’ll guide you by.
How to Login to 192.168.1.7 IP Address?
Five simple and easy-to-understand steps:
- Open your favorite web browser. We know it’s Internet Explorer. We definitely recommend opening the latest version of Google Chrome, unless you intend to complete these steps by next year.
- Type 192.168.1.7 on search and hit ‘Enter’. This is your default Router Admin Panel: A login page that will allow you to control all of your router’s settings
- Once the page opens, enter your default username and password and click ‘Enter’.
- The admin page will now open and now beholds true power.
You can now change any Internet settings, the type of your Internet connection (which we suggest not to unless you know what you’re doing), & change the name of your router to witty ones which only you can come up with, at Wireless Network Name under Wireless Settings.
- Once you are set, we suggest changing your username and primarily, the password to something secure and not ‘123456789’ or ‘ilovetechwhoop’. Totally guessable.
Forgot Username and Password
We’ve been there, done that too, and the only way out of this predicament is to reset your router.
- Find a tiny button called ‘Reset’ on your router and hold it for 10-30 seconds (it varies for every device). You have to hold it until the power button stops blinking, which also signifies that you are not holding onto wrong buttons.
- Once the modem is reset, even the login and password credentials are restored to admin.
- Plug out and plug in all the wires in your router.
- Next, visit your Router Admin Panel (192.168.1.7 or your default one) on your favorite browser and type ‘admin’ for both the username and password. It is master access into your router settings, and voila! You can now access the Router Settings.
- We strongly recommend changing your username and password to something you can easily remember. To also remind you, the password you use to login to the Router Admin Panel (192.168.7.1) must be different from your Wi-Fi password, which users enter to procure Internet from your router.
While Protocol always meant a set of rules. Internet Protocol is a private set of rules that only govern you, and stand as the Wall. It prevents unauthorized wildlings from entering Westeros and accessing your Internet. Technically, it is a private class C IP address that prevents exploitation. It does this through security measures like WPA, WPA2-PSK, etc.
which you will be quite familiar about while connecting to password-secure Wi-Fi networks.
We advise regular checking of the list of devices connected to your router at Wireless Statistics that will display the number of bytes sent and received, to & from different devices identified by their Wi-Fi MAC Addresses.
It is pivotal to enter the right numbers in the IP address, and having a stable connection while doing so. You can add features to avoid excessive usage of data, or even set daily limits to stop you from binge-watching more Sci-fi shows that burden your pockets. It is wise to authorize something once you possess it. It is unwise to not follow us on our social media handles mentioned below for the latest updates on Tech and more!