It is a default login IP that is reserved for modems and wireless routers. 10.0.0.138 is a private IP address and it can assign to any local area device. It is programmed in a way such that only the devices which fall under this network system can be connected. Many devices use this address like modems, routers, or even IoT devices such as webcams. Brands which use this address are D-Link, Huawei, Siemens, 2-wire, and Netcomm. You do not often need this IP but in most cases, anytime you may require it, there’s only one situation in which you will need this IP address. That will be while a technician is initiating the setup process so you, as a user, will rarely have contact with this IP. However, cases may arise where you may need to access it. This IP address lies in the range of 10.0.0.0 to 10.0.0.255 read on to find out.
How To Login into 10.0.0.138 IP?
Logging in to this IP address is the same as login into any other IP addresses.
- Firstly, connect your router to your device. The connection may be wired or wireless. In the case of wired connections, make sure the wires are in place and secure. In case of wireless connections, try to minimize attenuation as much as possible.
- Next, open this IP Address page by typing in http://10.0.0.138 in your browser.
- The login page will appear.
- Enter your credentials. You may enter your default credentials or if you have changed them, enter those.
- Hit enter, and you shall be guided to the settings interface.
After accessing the settings interface, you may want to change the default username and password for security purposes. You can also update your privacy settings and type of internet connection or change the number of devices which allow to connect to your network. If you want to, you can also experiment with the bandwidth and transmission rate.
How to Change the Password for 10.0.0.138?
- Open your web browser and type this IP address in address bar.
- Enter your current username and password.
- You will be directed to the admin’s interface.
- Go to the settings tab.
- From the settings tab, you can change your username and password.
This is precisely the reason one needs to gain access to the admin’s panel. The admin’s panel provides various options to protect your network further. You can change the SSID to something unique. Set the encryption type (WPA2-PSK is recommended as it is the industry standard now). In this age where privacy is hanging by a thread, it is highly essential that we do the best we can to update and ensure our own privacy.
These methods you helps you to troubleshoot an issue:
Resetting the defaults
You may have disremembered your password, or you may be having some other issues. Whatever it might be, you may want to reset the defaults on your network. The reset button is usually very small to avoid accidental resets. To reset:
- Locate the reset button.
- Use a sharp object like a pin and press down on the reset button for about 20-30 seconds. The router will reset itself.
- Now you can start the process again.
If You Can’t Access Router’s Admin Page
There should ideally not be any problem while trying to access the 10.0.0.138 admin page, but there may be some glitches. In such a case, check the connection of the router. Check whether all the cables are connected securely, mainly the Ethernet cable. Try restarting the router by switching it off and then switching it on again. Make positive you are entering the correct URL (possible mistakes may include 10.0.138 or 10.0.0.0.138). Check whether the signal is consistent or not. If none of these steps works, try calling customer service.
If You Cannot Find Your Router’s IP Address
You can find your router’s IP address in a few simple steps:
- Pop up the start menu and type in “cmd” in the search bar to access the command prompt.
- Type IPconfig and hit enter.
- It display your network details.
- Click on command+spacebar or go to the search bar
- Write terminal
- A terminal screen will appear
- Type IPconfig and hit enter
- It display your network details.
10.0.0.138 is an IP address which is a private class A address. Therefore users cannot connect to the network outside the private range, unlike public IP addresses. To ensure privacy, keep in mind the points which have been told. Privacy for the users is the ultimate target for any connection. This article will also help you have a smooth, uninterrupted connection. It describes the importance of gaining access to the admin’s settings, which will further play a massive role in your privacy. I hope this helps!