Handling and trying to work with new devices can be intimidating. So, it is always a blessing in disguise when you are aware of how things work in the said gadgets. Otherwise, there is a high probability that things will get messy. So, the following guide is about what is Dlink router for the ones who are new to it and how may perform the Dlink Router Setup.
More so when the devices in question are something as tricky and technical as the routers. Those who are new to routers, you may understand them as an intermediator between the Internet and you. They connect to the WiFi and allow you to use the Internet for unlimited and unrestricted surfing.
However, when you bring this new toy home (not literally), you need to set it up before you begin to reap its various benefits. No doubt, it is no piece of cake, but it is not rocket science either.
If you have at home an old hardware router that you’d like to set up from scratch, we can do it together.
Whatever be the status of complications or the state of the device in question, I’ve got your back. So let us proceed, without any further ado, to the next part of this article, where We’re going to get around how to set up a Dlink router.
But let us get out of the way, a few pre-requisites that are necessary before proceeding with Dlink router setup and related stuff.
What are the things that you have to take care of so that the process of the Dlink router setup goes uneventfully and smoothly? I’ve enlisted a bunch of them below:
- You should be aware of the connection type you happen to possess, whether you got a dynamic or static address. Also, you might have to procure credentials for certain types of connections. So, it will prove to be a bonus to acquire all the info beforehand.
- You will need a mobile phone or a system comprising of a good browser. You’ll need to get hold of any one of these if you’ve got nothing.
- If your device is not a brand new one, you’ll have to reset it. You may achieve this by holding pressure upon a very tiny button at the back of the said router.
- Last but not least, Figure out what your default gateway is. It is an utmost necessary thing to do.
We’ve reached the part where I’m going to make you aware of the entire configuration procedure of the Dlink router setup, i.e., addressing the hows. As we all know, two types of connections exist, so there are two methods, corresponding to each type.
You can use any of the techniques of theDLINK router setup that I’m going to address shortly over here.
- The first step is like stating the most obvious of things. Plug-in your router’s adapter to a socket to get it electrically enabled.
- Get the yellow port(called WAN port) belonging to your modem device, connected to the One in the router that enables you to access the Internet.
As I mentioned earlier, corresponding to each connection type is one method, so let us get right to them.
- After having made sure that your router and modem are well connected, get to the settings of your system, which show new WiFi added.
- You may now see an addition to the existing list.
- The next hurdle in the Dlink router setup process requires your WiFi credentials/details. If you have a not-so-new device that you’ve been trying to configure, then you can find the same at a sticker on the back of the router in question along with other related stuff.
If things appear differently on your screen, then you may find the required piece of information on something called a “configuration card” that you get along with the newly purchased device. It is similar to a manual or a guidebook.
- It is the portion where the web-browser comes in to play its part.
- Open whichever you are comfortable with using.
- Scroll to the address bar at the top, enter and then type in there, http://192.168.0.1. You may now press enter or the ‘go’ option.
- A resultant wizard will guide you through some of the next steps. It allows you to configure credentials for your wifi to allow you unceasing speed and thus smooth surfing experience.
- The next one towards the Dlink router setup assists you to compose a passkey for your router as well, to secure it from any intrusion. After you arrange some other settings, let it have a minute to commit the changes you made and restart it once done.
- The next time you want to do some quality surfing, take advantage of the Dlink router setup you did and do it using the new wifi you just added.
It concludes your procedure of the Dlink router setup, and you can do it all on your own. How cool is that!! Just follow everything I discussed in this article, and you can do all this and more. Pay attention and take care of details. Don’t skip anything.