192.168.0.0/16 is a private class C address space to which the IP address 192.168.1.108 belongs. Here “/16” indicates that the first 16 bits are used to identify the network, and the remaining 16 bits are used to identify hosts in the network. Private IP addresses are assigned to devices in the local network by the corresponding router using the DHCP protocol.
While the router gets a public IP address used by all devices in that network to connect to the internet, the devices use their private IP addresses to communicate with other devices in the same network. So you can guess that the IP address 192.168.1.108 cannot be used or located publicly.
How to Log in to the 192.168.1.108 IP Address?
You can log in to this IP address by following these simple steps:
- Open a browser (ex. Chrome, Mozilla Firefox) and type “https://192.168.1.108”.
- Enter the username and password you must’ve set while configuring your router.
- If you haven’t set your username and password, you must use the default username and password to log in to the router admin panel.
You will receive a message if you cannot log in to 192.168.1.108.
“This site cannot be reached.
192.168.1.108 took too long to respond.”
In this case, you might want to ensure you entered the IP address in the URL correctly. If you entered it correctly and can still not log in, the verdict is that 192.168.1.108 is not the IP address corresponding to your router.
Access Your Router Admin Panel
To access the router admin panel corresponding to your network, you must first know your router’s IP address. You can do that by employing the following steps:
For Windows Users
Open the command prompt and type in “ipconfig.”
This will display information related to the IP address of your computer. In the details shown, find “Wireless LAN Adapter Wi-Fi:” which will have a sub-column “Default Gateway..:”. The IP address mentioned here is your router’s IP address.
For MacOS Users
Open System Preferences > Internet & Wireless > Network. Now select “Wi-Fi” and click on “Advanced.” Click on the “TCP/IP” tab to notice the “Router:” field under that tab. This field contains your router’s 192.168.1.108 IP address.
For Linux Users
Open the terminal and type in “route -n.” This will display the Kernel IP routing table, and you will find the router’s IP address under the “Gateway” column.
After getting the IP address you require to login to the router admin panel, you can follow the same steps by entering the IP address in the URL and logging in using your username and password.
What to Do if You Forget 192.168.1.108 Router’s Username and Password?
Forgot your username and password? Dont’t worry! Go through these steps to log in to your account.
Case 1: You are looking for the default username and password.
- Suppose you haven’t modified your 192.168.1.108 router’s username or password and are unfamiliar with the default login credentials. In that case, you can look for them in the router manual you received when you purchased them.
- If you have misplaced it, type in the model number of your router followed by the word “manual” You will find the default username and password and the steps you need to follow to set your username and password.
- You can also refer to the website RouterPasswords.com for the same.
- Sometimes you may find the login credentials printed on the router itself. Look for a sticker on the router where you’ll find the default username and password.
Case 2: You forgot your custom username and password.
If you forgot the username or password, you had set to login to the router admin panel. Then there is only one thing you can do – restore the router to its original factory settings. You will find a reset button on the router that serves this purpose.
It resets all settings, and then you can use the default username and password to log in to the 192.168.1.108 router admin panel. But the shortcoming is that you must perform some routing configurations again to operate as you want.
How to Change your local IP Address?
All the routers available in the market have two IP Addresses; users can change them if they wish. To change your local IP Address, and establish a stable network, follow the steps thoroughly that are mentioned below:
- Know the default credentials to log in to your account. Refer to the user’s manual and look for your default username and password.
- Open the web browser and enter the credentials to access the main router settings page. Locate the “Network Configuration” option to proceed to the next step.
- Now, you are free to change your IP Address. Change the last three digits of your local IP Address to any number you wish. However, it should be between 1 to 254.
We recommend you note this number as you’ll need it again to make changes in the settings tab to bring about the desired changes.
- As you finish writing the IP Address, make sure that you click on the “Apply” button to save the changes you have made to your router.
- Now, wait for your router to start again. Verify that the changes you have made to your router are thriving and working correctly. Check that the alterations took impact by using the new IP Address.
How to troubleshoot router errors?
Follow these methods to troubleshoot router errors and set up the private network connection.
Sometimes you face various issues like decreased speed or network disconnectivity. In such cases, try rebooting your router by turning it off and back on after a minute. Do the same with your modem; your network will reset and work correctly.
Check for Loose Cables
People often place the router in a congested corner, and the wires aren’t plugged in correctly.
Make sure that this is not the reason you face network problems daily.
The router must be able to receive and transmit signals without any interference. So ensure the antenna is set correctly and the wireless signal sensor is not blocked.
Find the Best Wireless Channel
Nowadays, many routers are located near each other and operate on the same frequency as in buildings. So you will want to find a channel with less congestion for your 192.168.1.108 IP router. Many tools, such as NirSoft WifiInfoView, can help you with information on nearby media and their usage.
Lastly, make sure that the vents of the router are not blocked. You can also occasionally clean them by unplugging the router and blowing compressed air. If the router overheats, it is prone to damage like any other electronic device.
What kind of IP address is 192.168.1.108?
It is of Class C type. It is also a private network that anyone can join, even without permission.
How can I rectify the errors in 192.168.1.108?
Check if all the cables and connections are correct; you can try rebooting the device if everything is perfect. Look if the positioning is accurate. You will have to take good care of your device to prevent overheating.
If the message 'This site cannot be reached' pops up, you can check if your username and password are correct; also, check whether the IP address you entered is perfect.
How do I change my local IP address?
First of all, login to the website of the default IP address you use; there, you will find an option, 'network configuration.' Click on it, and you can change your IP address to any address you choose.
Understanding the concept of private IP addresses like 192.168.1.108 can take a while. Still, once you acquire the hang of it, you can utilize your network efficiently by configuring your network settings using the router admin panel. Once logged in, you can use various tools to troubleshoot networking issues, modify router 192.168.1.108 IP address and configuration, check the local devices in the network, etc., and use your knowledge of networks and routers well.
Learn everything that is related to Router Login, IP Addresses in an extremely simple way. Also get access to all the usernames and passwords of different routers.