192.168.0.0/16 is a private class C address space to which the IP address 192.168.1.108 belongs. Here “/16” indicates that the first 16 bits are used to identify the network and the remaining 16 bits are used to identify hosts in the network. Private IP addresses are assigned to devices in the local network by the corresponding router using the DHCP protocol. While the router gets a public IP address that is used by all devices in that network to connect to the internet, the devices use their private IP addresses to communicate with other devices in the same network. So you can guess that the IP address 192.168.1.108 cannot be used or located publicly.
- 1 How to Log in the 192.168.1.108 IP Address?
- 2 Access Your Router Admin Panel
- 3 What to Do if You Forget 192.168.1.108 Router’s Username and Password?
- 4 How to Change your local IP Address?
- 5 How to troubleshoot router errors?
- 6 Conclusion
How to Log in the 192.168.1.108 IP Address?
You can log in to this IP address by following these simple steps:
- Open a browser of your choice (ex. Chrome, Mozilla Firefox) and type in “https://192.168.1.108”.
- Enter the username and password that you must’ve set previously while configuring your router.
- In case you haven’t set your username and password, you must use the default username and password to login to the router admin panel.
If you are unable to login to 192.168.1.108, you will receive a message saying
“This site cannot be reached.
192.168.1.108 took too long to respond.”
In this case, you might desire to make sure that you entered the IP address in the URL correctly. If you entered it correctly and are still not able to log in, then the verdict is that 192.168.1.108 is not the IP address corresponding to your router.
Access Your Router Admin Panel
To access the router admin panel corresponding to your network, you must first know the IP address of your router. You can do that employing the following steps:
For Windows Users
Open command prompt and type in “ipconfig”.
This will display information related to the IP address of your computer. In the details displayed, find “Wireless LAN Adapter Wi-Fi:” which will have a sub-column “Default Gateway..:”. The IP address mentioned here is your router’s IP address.
For MacOS Users
Open System Preferences > Internet & Wireless > Network. Now select “Wi-Fi” and click on “Advanced”. Click on the “TCP/IP” tab, and you will notice the field “Router:” under that tab. This field contains your router’s 192.168.1.108 IP address.
For Linux Users
Open terminal and type in “route -n”. This will display the Kernel IP routing table, and you will find the router’s IP address under the “Gateway” column.
After getting the IP address you require to login to the router admin panel, you can simply follow the same steps by entering the IP address in the URL and logging in using your username and password.
What to Do if You Forget 192.168.1.108 Router’s Username and Password?
Forgot your username and password? Dont’t worry! Go through these steps to login to your account.
Case 1: You are looking for default username and password.
- If you haven’t modified your 192.168.1.108 router’s username or password and you are not familiar with the default login credentials, then you can simply look for them in the router manual you received when you purchased your router.
- If you have misplaced it, then just type in the model number of your router followed by the word “manual” and you will find the default username and password in it and also the steps you need to follow to set your own username and password.
- You can also refer the website RouterPasswords.com for the same.
- Sometimes you may find the login credentials printed on the router itself. Look for a sticker on the router where you’ll find the default username and password.
Case 2: You forgot your custom username and password.
If you forgot the username or password, you had set to login to the router admin panel. Then there is only one thing you can do – restore the router to its original factory settings. You will find a reset button on the router which serves this purpose.
It resets all settings, and then you can use the default username and password to login to the 192.168.1.108 router admin panel. But the shortcoming here is that you will need to perform some routing configurations again for it to operate the way you want it to.
How to Change your local IP Address?
All the routers that are available in the market have two IP Addresses, and users have the authority to change them if they wish. To change your local IP Address, and establish a stable network, follow the steps thoroughly that are mentioned below:
- Know the default credentials to log in to your account. Refer to the user’s manual and look for your default username and password.
- Open the web browser and enter the credentials to access the main router settings page. Here, locate the “Network Configuration” option to proceed to the next step.
- Now, you are free to change your IP Address. Change the last three digits of your local IP Address to any number you wish. However, it should be between 1 to 254.
- We recommend you to note down this number as you’ll need it again to make changes in the settings tab to bring about the desired changes.
- As you finish writing the IP Address, make sure that you click on the “Apply” button to save the changes you have made to your router.
- Now, wait for your router to start again. Verify that the changes you have made to your router are thriving and working correctly. Check that the alterations took impact by using the new IP Address.
How to troubleshoot router errors?
Follow these methods to troubleshoot router error and setup the private network connection.
Sometimes you face various issues like decreased speed or network disconnectivity. In such cases, simply try to reboot your router by turning it off and turning it back on after a minute or so. Go ahead and do the same with your modem and your network will reset and start working correctly.
Check for Loose Cables
Many times people place the router in a congested corner, and the wires simply aren’t plugged in properly.
Make sure that this is not the reason you face network problems on a daily basis.
The router must be able to receive and transmit signals without any interference. So make sure the antenna is set properly and that the wireless signal sensor is not blocked.
Find the Best Wireless Channel
Nowadays many routers are located near each other and operating on the same frequency such as in buildings. So you will want to find a channel with less congestion for your 192.168.1.108 IP router. Many tools, such as NirSoft WifiInfoView are available that can help you with information on nearby channels and their usage.
Lastly, make sure that the vents of the router are not blocked. You can also clean them occasionally by unplugging the router and blowing some compressed air on them. If the router overheats, it is prone to damage just like any other electronic device.
Understanding the concept of private IP addresses like 192.168.1.108 can take a while, but once you acquire the hang of it, you’ll be able to utilize your network efficiently by configuring your own network settings using the router admin panel. Once logged in, you can use various tools to troubleshoot networking issues, modify router 192.168.1.108 IP address and configuration, check the local devices in the network, etc. and put your knowledge on networks and routers to good use.
Learn everything that is related to Router Login, IP Addresses in an extremely simple way. Also get access to all the usernames and passwords of different routers.