The world seems to have become quite advanced when it comes to technology. Technology seems to have reached great heights. One area that has seen an incredible rise is in the router market. The year 2020 will see an incredible rise in the demand for routers in India.
The rising demand for routers is due to the rise in the number of internet users. A router in simple terms can be termed as a piece of network hardware. Its primary purpose is to establish a connection between a local network and the internet. Routers are available in various types including wired routers, wireless routers, core routers and virtual routers.
- 1 WHY HAVE ROUTERS BECOME IMPORTANT?
- 2 ABOUT NETGEAR ROUTERS
- 3 UPDATING NETGEAR ROUTER’S FIRMWARE
- 4 IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER IN CASE IF YOUR UPDATE IS UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD
- 5 CONCLUSION
WHY HAVE ROUTERS BECOME IMPORTANT?
One of the primary tasks why routers are so important since they are responsible for information delivery and forwarding. Routers are also responsible for making traffic available with a gateway. Routers are also responsible for providing versatile solutions when we talk about networking.
Some of the most popular types of routers include Asus Tri-Band Wireless Router, TP-Link Gaming Router, Netgear Routers, etc. Let’s have a look into the Netgear Routers.
ABOUT NETGEAR ROUTERS
Netgear is regarded to be one of the most popular types of routers. Netgear was the first company that was responsible for introducing the fastest wireless routers. The company Netgear was founded in the year 1996 in San Jone, California, United States.
UPDATING NETGEAR ROUTER’S FIRMWARE
When we talk about updates by technology companies we always look forward to new and unique features along with better performance. Updates are essential in order to enhance performance also to fix bugs that hamper the performance. We have detailed below a complete guide if you are looking to renew your Netgear router’s firmware.
You can update your Netgear router using three ways. We have provided you with the steps for all of them below:
NETGEAR ROUTER FIRMWARE UPDATE VIA WEB INTERFACE
The first way to update the netgear router is through web interface. Follow the following steps to do so.
- Connect your computer to your router using ethernet cable
- Then, go to routerlogin.net and log into your account
- Next, go to advanced tab in administration section
- Select the latest update and start updating
- Finally, the router will restart automatically with the latest firmware installed
NETGEAR ROUTER FIRMWARE UPDATE VIA MANUAL PROCEDURE
The next process requires you to update the routers firmware manually. The steps to be followed are:
- Firstly, get the newest firmware
- Then, connect your computer to your router using ethernet cable
- Next, go to routerlogin.net and enter account details
- Search for ‘Administration section’ and then on ‘Advanced’
- A ‘Firmware Update’ button will appear
- Finally, start the process
NETGEAR ROUTER FIRMWARE UPDATE VIA NETGEAR GENIE FIRMWARE UPDATE
The way to update your firmware is to use the genie firmware update. The following are the steps to do so:
- Open the Genie Application and head to ‘Router Settings’
- Add your account details
- Go to ‘Router Update’
- Proceed and click on Next
- If available, it will automatically download the same
- Finally, press yes and the update will start.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER IN CASE IF YOUR UPDATE IS UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD
Sometimes it so happens that you find it difficult to renew your Netgear router firmware. In spite of repeated attempts, you fail to download the newest firmware update. We have listed below a few tips to keep in check while you proceed to reset your Netgear Router Firmware:
- Reset the whole network
- Switch off the router, modem and the computer
- After switching off, once again bring together the router to the computer and repeat the entire update process
Sometimes, it also happens that the firmware gets depraved. Bringing together the computer and the router with the help of a wireless connection is the reason for the failure. When updating the router firmware make use of an Ethernet cable always since it is an ideal choice when you plan to update the Netgear router firmware. Adding the wrong firmware for an update is also one of the factors for a failed update.
Lastly, if none of the above solutions work the final option remains is to head over to the Control Panel and try to fix the issue through the Programs and Features option. Apart from this, you can also consider resetting the factory settings which will bring back its default settings in place.
Follow this steps to get Netgear router firmware update. While updating any firmware, you need to take the utmost care. Since even the slightest error can result in corrupting the entire firmware. Always make sure to have the latest firmware from a trusted source installed.
Learn everything that is related to Router Login, IP Addresses in an extremely simple way. Also get access to all the usernames and passwords of different routers.