Wireless routers are hardware devices that Internet service providers use to connect you to their cable or xDSL Internet network. These devices can be commonly found in our homes and can sometimes prove to be a little difficult to connect. One such router being the popularly used Mi Router which can often confuse people during its setup. Mi router login can prove to be a difficult task for some people, so here is a quick guide to help you to set it up. You can find the Zyxel router login guide here and the Digisol Router Login guide here.
Xiaomi Mi Router Login Guide for Web-browsers
Here is a step by step guide on how to set up your Mi Router login successfully on your Web browser:
Initial Login to Router
- Open your internet browser (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Internet Explorer)
- Type 192.168.31.1 (the most common IP for Xiaomi routers) in the address bar of your web browser to access the router’s web-based user interface.
- You should see two text fields where you can enter a username and a password.
- The default username for your Xiaomi router is (blank).
- The default password is admin.
- Enter the username & password, hit “Enter,” and consequently, now you should see the control panel of your router.
Setup Mi Router
- On the router setting page, users can set up their Mi router admin control password and enter the new router admin control username and password in the respected fields. The users who want a Wi-Fi password to be used for router admin control can click on the checkbox named ‘same as Wi-Fi password.’
- Enter the location details and set up a strong password for the Wi-Fi network of the Mi Wi-Fi router.
In this way, the user can set up Mi Wi-Fi router from the web browser.
How to set up Mi Wi-Fi router using an app
The users are often using their cell phones to access the internet. These users can also set up Mi Wi-Fi router using the mobile app available in the market. So, here are the steps by using which the user can set up the router for Mi router login.
Steps to Download The Mi Wifi Router Application
- Power on your Mi Wi-Fi router and make sure that Ethernet or RJ45 cable is connected to the internet port of the Mi router unit.
- Android users can visit the Google play store, and iPhone users can visit the Apple app store to download the Mi Wi-Fi router application. Users can also get the OR code on the router product box or a router unit by scanning, which users can download the application.
Setting up the Router App
- After downloading the application, launch the app and sign in to your Mi account by entering your username and password. It will automatically search and detects your Mi Wi-Fi router.
- Click on the ‘click on set up now’ button to start the process of router configuration.
- Select the router location from the home, office, or other and click on the ‘next’ button.
- It will ask a user to enter the username and password. Here user can enter the credential provided by your internet service provider to access the internet.
- Users can also import the setting of their previous router by clicking on the button named ‘import ISP settings and password from the existing router’. To import the old router settings user needs to power on the old router. After then connect the WAN port of the old router to your Mi router unit with the help of a network cable. Press the button ‘connected preparing to import.’
- The users who are having the DHCP network need not enter the ISP credentials.
- Type your wireless network name and password in the respected fields. The users who want the same password to be used for accessing the router admin control can click on the button named ‘set as router admin password as well.’
- Click on the finish button to complete the process of Mi router login and set up.
In this way, the user can set up Mi router on android or iPhone devices.
Troubleshooting MiWiFi Login
Multiple users reported that they are unable to log into their Mi Wi-Fi router as they forgot their account password. Such users can contact their internet service provider if the router is provided to you by your internet service provider. The other users can follow the given steps to reset the router to the default setting.
- On the backside of your Mi router unit, the user can see the small hole or reset button. Users can press and hold that reset button with the help of a paper clip for few seconds till the light on the router unit turns yellow.
- The yellow line on the router unit flashes, after that, release the button, and wait for the router to power on.
- Try to login to the router.
The users who know their account credentials can want to restore their router to the default settings can use the alternative method of resetting Mi router from the control panel.
Note – Next Option Might Not be a Good idea Because you may not have access to the router Settings. However, Just in case if you Need this additional Info, Someday.
Reset Using Web Interface
- Open a web browser and type the default IP address of your Mi Wi-Fi router 192.168.31.1.
- For Wifi router login, enter your account credentials and login to your Mi router.
- On the settings page of Mi Wi-Fi router, go to the common settings option.
- Select the system status and click on the restore now button.
In this way, the user can reset their router from the web interface. Resetting the router is the best solution when the user’s Mi router is unstable, provides a poor internet connection, or cannot configure their Mi Wi-Fi router.
If a user is still unable to set up their Mi Wi-Fi router, they can get in touch with their internet service provider or the technical support team of Mi and get a quick and reliable solution for Xiaomi router login.