Questions on Mi Router Login have been rising, so we clear all your doubts here in this article. But before that, let us know how all this started. Xiaomi is an emerging brand that has already made its way into the top gadget manufacturing companies. It all begins with a small initiative to manufacture android mobile devices, and the first model was launched in 2011. Since then, the brand came up with a lot of ideas to promote technological advancements. They have successfully launched several products like laptops, mobile phones, TVs, and other smart devices. However, all of the things have something in common that they support internet connection.
So why would Xiaomi not put their hands in this sector of the community?
Recently, they decided to propose the idea of Mi Router in 2019, which is only available on their official website. It proved to be a game-changer in the first week of its release and stood by the customers’ expectations. Also, as it was a new addition in the market, users were looking for some basic information related to it. Therefore, we tried to cover all the things in this Mi Router login guide. It will help you to understand the concepts and working of the router device.
Read More: Top 8 Ways to Maximize Home Network Security
Features of Mi Router
There is no doubt that Mi Router is gaining a lot of attention in the community. The Xiaomi enthusiasts are satisfied by the features packed in a small device for internet connection. The company has manufactured several router models, but we will focus on Mi Router 4c.
It is the most advanced model launched by Xiaomi in recent years. This Mi router login guide will give you insights into some features such as,
The router will enhance the overall user experiencing while connected to the internet. It supports internet speed up to 300 Mbps while video streaming and browsing.
It has a total of 4 antennas that will boost the WiFi signal range even at large distances. The manufacturer claims that the device will provide connectivity up to 400 sqft. This feature will be beneficial in large buildings and offices.
The user can control various aspects of the router through Mi WiFi Login App. You can also control the data limit for young children and block adult content. This will improve the connection optimization in the long run.
Default IP Address For Mi Router
The default IP address is mentioned on the user manual of every device. It is a special identity given to each user to access the internet connection. The ISP can track the true location and details about the person establishing a connection with the router.
For your convenience, the most common IP address for Mi router login is 192.168.31.1. This value is also known as the default gateway for the router. It is a known fact that the user can change the settings at the administrator level through this address.
How To Do Mi Router Login?
The users’ next concern is to gain access to their Mi routers using the username and password. We will tell you are the steps to perform the Mi router login in this guide.
Foremost, you need to be at the location where the router is present. Connect a desktop or PC with the router using the WiFi option. The further steps are mentioned below,
Open any default browser installed on your PC. It can be any application from Chrome, Opera, or Firefox. Make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of the browser.
Secondly, type the IP address similar to http://192.168.31.1 in the search bar. In case an error appears, it means your IP address is not correct. Refer to the user manual for the same default gateway.
The Mi router login page will pop up on the browser screen. For the next step, you need to fill in the correct username and password.
Finally, tap hit Enter, and you will log in to the settings panel of the router. Do the necessary changes that will enhance the connection speed.
How to Set Up Mi Wi-Fi router Using an App
The users are often using their cell phones to access the internet. These users can also set up Mi Wi-Fi router using the mobile app available in the market. So, here are the steps by using which the user can set up the router for Mi router login.
Steps to Download The Mi WiFi Router Application
- Power on your Mi Wi-Fi router and make sure that Ethernet or RJ45 cable is connected to the internet port of the Mi router unit.
- Android users can visit the Google play store, and iPhone users can visit the Apple app store to download the Mi Wi-Fi router application. Users can also get the OR code on the router product box or a router unit by scanning, which users can download the application.
Setting up the Router App
- After downloading the application, launch the app and sign in to your Mi account by entering your username and password. It will automatically search and detects your Mi Wi-Fi router.
- Click on the ‘click on set up now’ button to start the process of router configuration.
- Select the router location from the home, office, or other and click on the ‘next’ button.
- It will ask a user to enter the username and password. Here user can enter the credential provided by your internet service provider to access the internet.
- Users can also import the setting of their previous router by clicking on the button named ‘import ISP settings and password from the existing router’. To import the old router settings user needs to power on the old router. After then connect the WAN port of the old router to your Mi router unit with the help of a network cable. Press the button ‘connected preparing to import.’
- The users who are having the DHCP network need not enter the ISP credentials.
- Type your wireless network name and password in the respected fields. The users who want the same password to be used for accessing the router admin control can click on the button named ‘set as router admin password as well.’
- Click on the finish button to complete the process of Mi router login and set up.
In this way, the user can set up Mi router on android or iPhone devices.
Reset Procedure for Mi Router?
Since many users out there always find it difficult to remember the exact credentials for their MI routers. If you forget the correct password by any means, the router will log out of the settings. However, you can handle this situation by resetting the router and its information.
- On the backside of your Mi router unit, the user can see the small hole or reset button. Users can press and hold that reset button with the help of a paper clip for few seconds till the light on the router unit turns yellow.
- The yellow line on the router unit flashes, after that, release the button, and wait for the router to power on.
- Try to login to the router.
The users who know their account credentials can want to restore their router to the default settings can use the alternative method of resetting Mi router from the control panel.
Note: Next Option Might Not be a Good idea Because you may not have access to the router Settings. However, Just in case if you Need this additional Info, Someday.
Reset Using Web Interface
- Open a web browser and type the default IP address of your Mi Wi-Fi router 192.168.31.1.
- For WiFi router login, enter your account credentials and login to your Mi router.
- On the settings page of Mi Wi-Fi router, go to the common settings option.
- Select the system status and click on the restore now button.
In this way, the user can reset their router from the web interface. Resetting the router is the best solution when the user’s Mi router is unstable, provides a poor internet connection, or cannot configure their Mi Wi-Fi router.
If you want to buy the router, you can place the order from the Xiaomi website. The cost for the same is Rs.1199 for Indian customers. The Mi router is undoubtedly the best in this price range. Moreover, it has all the features that an ideal router should possess. We hope that this Mi WiFi router login guide has resolved all your questions about the same. In case you have some technical issue with the device, the customer executives are always available at your service.
We also recommend checking out these router login process for more reference:
- How to Perform DLink Router Setup [Complete Guide]
- How to Perform Time Warner Router Login [Complete Guide]
- How to Perform Vodafone Router Login | The Easy Way
- 1 Features of Mi Router
- 2 Default IP Address For Mi Router
- 3 How To Do Mi Router Login?
- 4 How to Set Up Mi Wi-Fi router Using an App
- 5 Reset Procedure for Mi Router?
- 6 Conclusion