Questions on Mi Router Login have been rising, so we clear all your doubts in this article. But before that, let us know how all this started. Xiaomi is an emerging brand that has already made its way into the top gadget manufacturing companies. It all began with a small initiative to manufacture Android mobile devices; the first model was launched in 2011.
Since then, the brand has developed many ideas to promote technological advancements. They have successfully launched several products like laptops, mobile phones, TVs, and other intelligent devices. However, everything has something in common: they support an internet connection.
So why would Xiaomi not put its hands in this sector of the community?
Recently, they proposed the idea of Mi Router in 2019, which is only available on their official website. It was a game-changer in the first week of its release and stood by the customers’ expectations. Also, as it was a new addition to the market, users were looking for some basic information. Therefore, we tried to cover everything in this Mi Router login guide. It will help you understand the router device’s concepts and workings.
Read More: Top 8 Ways to Maximize Home Network Security
Features of Mi Router
Undoubtedly, Mi Router is gaining a lot of attention in the community. Xiaomi enthusiasts are satisfied by the features packed in a small device for an internet connection. The company has manufactured several router models, but we will focus on Mi Router 4c.
It is the most advanced model launched by Xiaomi in recent years. This Mi router login guide will give you insights into some features such as,
The router will enhance the overall user experience while connected to the internet. It supports internet speed up to 300 Mbps while video streaming and browsing.
Four antennas will boost the WiFi signal range even at large distances. The manufacturer claims that the device will provide connectivity up to 400 sqft. This feature will be beneficial in large buildings and offices.
The user can control various aspects of the router through Mi WiFi Login App. You can also control the data limit for young children and block adult content. This will improve connection optimization in the long run.
Default IP Address For Mi Router
The default IP address is mentioned in the user manual of every device. A unique identity is given to each user to access the internet connection. The ISP can track the location and details of the person establishing a relationship with the router.
For your convenience, the most common IP address for Mi router login is 192.168.31.1. This value is also known as the default gateway for the router. It is a known fact that the user can change the settings at the administrator level through this address.
How To Do Mi Router Login?
The users’ next concern is to gain access to their Mi routers using the username and password. This guide will tell you the steps to perform the Mi router login.
- It would be best if you were where the router is present. Connect a desktop or PC with the router using the WiFi option. The further steps are mentioned below,
- Open any default browser installed on your PC. It can be any application from Chrome, Opera, or Firefox. Make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of the browser.
- Secondly, type the IP address similar to http://192.168.31.1 in the search bar. If an error appears, it means your IP address is incorrect. Refer to the user manual for the same default gateway.
- The Mi router login page will pop up on the browser screen. You must fill in the correct username and password for the next step.
- Finally, tap Enter to log in to the router’s settings panel. Make the necessary changes that will enhance the connection speed.
How to Set Up Mi WiFi Router Using an App
The users are often using their cell phones to access the internet. These users can also set up Mi WiFi router using the mobile app available. So, here are the steps by using which the user can set up the router for Mi router login.
Steps to Download The Mi WiFi Router Application
- Power on your Mi WiFi router and ensure that Ethernet or RJ45 cable is connected to the internet port of the Mi router unit.
- Android users can visit the Google play store, and iPhone users can see the Apple app store to download the Mi WiFi router application. Users can also get the OR code on the router product box or a router unit by scanning, which users can download the application.
Setting up the Router App
- After downloading the application, launch the app and sign in to your Mi account by entering your username and password. It will automatically search and detects your Mi WiFi router.
- Click the ‘click on set up now’ button to start the router configuration process.
- Select the router location from the home or office, and click the ‘next’ button.
- It will ask a user to enter the username and password. Here users can enter the credential their internet service provider provides to access the internet.
- Users can also import the setting of their previous router by clicking on the ‘import ISP settings and password from the existing router’ button. To import the old router settings user needs to power on the old router. After then, connect the WAN port of the old router to your Mi router unit with the help of a network cable. Press the button ‘connected preparing to import.’
- The users who have the DHCP network need not enter the ISP credentials.
- Type your wireless network name and password in the respective fields. The users who want the same password to be used for accessing the router admin control can click on the button named ‘set as router admin password as well.’
- Click the finish button to complete the Mi router login and setup.
This way, the user can set up a Mi router on Android or iPhone devices.
Reset Procedure for Mi Router?
Since many users out there always find it difficult to remember the exact credentials for their MI routers. The router will log out of the settings if you forget the correct password. However, you can handle this situation by resetting the router and its information.
- The user can see the small hole theater unit. Users can press and hold that res on the backside of their Mi router united button with the help of a paper clip for a few seconds till the light on the router unit turns yellow.
- The yellow line on the router unit flashes; after that, release the button and wait for the router to power on.
- Try to log in to the router.
The users who know their account credentials can want to restore their router to the default settings can use the alternative method of resetting the Mi router from the control panel.
Note: Next Option Might Not be a Good idea Because you may not have access to the router Settings. However, Just in case you need this additional Info, Someday.
Reset Using Web Interface
- Open a web browser and type the default IP address of your Mi WiFi router 192.168.31.1.
- Enter your account credentials and log in to your Mi router for WiFi router login.
- On the settings page of the Mi WiFi router, go to the standard settings option.
- Select the system status and click on the restore now button.
In this way, the user can reset their router from the web interface. Resetting the router is best when the user’s Mi router is unstable, provides a poor internet connection, or cannot configure their Mi WiFi router.
What is the password of MI router 3?
The default password existing for MI router 3 is 'admin.'
What is the MI router IP address?
The default IP address of the Mi router is 192.168. 31.1. It is a commonly used IP address.
What are the advantages of the MI router?
Mi router, without any doubt, is an excellent addition to today’s market because it is very compatible and also delivers high performance. It can also cover a larger span of area.
Where can I find the default gateway?
The default gateway information is present in the user's manual as well as on the covering of the modem.
You can order from the Xiaomi website if you want to buy the router. The cost for the same is Rs.1199 for Indian customers. The Mi router is undoubtedly the best in this price range. Moreover, it has all the features that an ideal router should possess. We hope that this Mi WiFi router login guide has resolved all your questions about the same. If you have some technical issue with the device, the customer executives are always available at your service.
We also recommend checking out these router login processes for more reference:
- How to Perform DLink Router Setup [Complete Guide]
- How to Perform Time Warner Router Login [Complete Guide]
- How to Perform Vodafone Router Login | The Easy Way
Learn everything that is related to Router Login, IP Addresses in an extremely simple way. Also get access to all the usernames and passwords of different routers.