It is common to face a lot of internet issues. It is inevitable to skip issues that we face due to network connectivity although the technology is getting better day by day. Sometimes in order to sort these out, you will have to reset the router. The article will talk about how to reset Spectrum Router and what to do in case your spectrum router not working.
Read More: How to fix TP Link Router Not Working After Reset?
- 1 Resetting your Spectrum Router
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Resetting your Spectrum Router
Here is a list of methods of how you can reset your Spectrum Router.
Re-plugging your Router
The process of how to reset spectrum router is very easy. Whether you are trying to reset the router for the first time or whether you are trying to reset it again follow the detailed steps given below in order to fix it. It is important to remember that you should be having a Wi-Fi router that you individually own with a modem.
- Remove the modem from the power supply. In case you have any batteries in your modem, ensure to remove them.
- Unplug the Wi-Fi Spectrum router from the power supply or power chord.
- Wait for sixty seconds. Allow the modem or router to cool down. After this, you can open the Spectrum Wi-Fi and put the batteries back into it and plug it back into it to the power source.
- It takes a little time for the modem to power up. Allow it to reboot.
- After this the modem led lights that indicate the status will light up. This implies that the modem is getting power supply and has an active internet connection.
- Plug in the Spectrum router back into the socket to ensure power source. Give it about one hundred and twenty seconds to restart.
- Once the led lights get stable on the router it implies that the device is connected to it wirelessly, and you can now go online. and see how to reset the spectrum router question is answered.
Reboot your Spectrum Wi-fi Router and Modem
Follow These Instructions to Reboot Your Spectrum Wi-Fi Router and Modem:
- The procedure is similar and straightforward. The only distinction is that this applies to a modem/router combination gear, i.e., Gateway.. It’s worth noting that the same holds true if you’re merely using a modem.
- Remove the power cord from your gateway or modem. Start by removing any batteries that may be present.
- Then, if any batteries are missing, wait a minute before reinstalling them. Also, make sure your gateway or modem is connected to a source of power.
- Wait another 60 seconds for the gadget to reset. When it is turned on and linked to the internet, its status lights will illuminate.
- Check to verify if all of your wireless devices are restored back to service.
This is a simple and easy way of how to reset your Spectrum Router.
Restore Spectrum Wi-fi connection via internet
If you wouldn’t want to go the manual route, Spectrum makes it very simple to restore your Spectrum Wi-Fi connection via the internet. You can also use the Spectrum account to track the validity of your internet gear or to reset your device(s). Here’s how to go about it:
- Log in to your Spectrum profile or the My Spectrum Application to get started.
- Just on the account summary page, click the Services tab.
- Then, from the Services & Equipment menu, select the Internet sub-tab.
- Go to the gateways, modems, or routers that you wish to reset and press the reset button. Select the ‘Are you experiencing trouble?’ option.
- After that, choose Reset Device.
See Also: Dodo Modem Login Guide | Dodo Router IP Address &Password
Factory Resetting Spectrum Router
If rebooting or restarting a Spectrum Wi-Fi network doesn’t really resolve the issue, Spectrum recommends contacting technical support. You can also consult the user handbook for the internet device. All routers, in general, feature a reset button on the back or underneath, or you have to keep the reset button pressed for about 30 seconds. It’s used to restore the device’s factory defaults. It could be a solution to how to reset spectrum router.
If you’re using Spectrum Internet on your own device and think a hard reset would fix your network problems, keep in mind that a hard reset will wipe out all of your current network settings. So, before you proceed with the factory reset, make a mental note of things like the wireless router (SSID) and passwords, among other things.
See Also: Guide to Solve AT&T WiFi Not Working?
Reset Spectrum Router Manually
Now since you understand about how to reboot your Spectrum Router or even how to find the restart button, keep reading to learn how to manually reset your Spectrum Router. To reboot your Spectrum Router, follow the steps outlined below:
- To turn off your router, press the power button.
- Unplug the router’s charging adapter from the wall outlet. Pull any additional hardware that is attached to the power outlet as well.
- Allow the network to cool down for around 2 minutes.
- Turn on the network after reconnecting all of the voltage regulators to its corresponding slots.
- To reset the router, find the reset button and press it with a pointed object such as with a hairpin, toothpick or a paper-clip.
- For about 10 seconds, pressing and holding the reset button before releasing it.
- The router’s status lights will begin to flicker, and the router will restart.
- The manual resetting of the Spectrum Router will be complete once you have completed the steps listed above.
You can now log into the internet admin panel and re-configure it using the product’s original login details. You need to reset the spectrum router because the red LED lights are blinking. This happens when your device is unable to establish a connection with the network.
See Also: How to reset Linksys router?
Is it necessary to purchase a Spectrum router in order to get internet?
Spectrum router gives an opportunity to get a router for free of cost without any additional charges when you choose their internet plans. Therefore, you do not need to purchase that.
What data limit does Spectrum Wi-Fi have?
There are no data limits with Spectrum Internet. For that matter, neither is a contract. As a result, it's one of the exceptional assistance to join. For professional assistance and subscription, call 1-844-481-5997.
What is the price of Spectrum internet?
One of the most fundamental Spectrum internet packages, which delivers speeds of up to 200 Mbps and costs $49.99 per month minus taxation, charges, and miscellaneous charges, is available for $49.99 per month.
Is it possible to purchase a router and utilize this with Spectrum internet?
Yes, you certainly can. In fact, that could be a more cost-effective solution. However, make sure you're aware of which Wi-Fi routers work with Spectrum Internet.
The article talks about how to reset spectrum router. It gives different ways also as to how to reset the spectrum router. In case the router is not working then the best option is to reset the router to ensure that it will become stable and will work as well. You will have to note additionally that resetting your router is a job to do occasionally. Moreover, the article has answers to frequently asked questions so that it can help you out to solve your router issues.
Been a journalist since 1987 and am lead writer for Router Login. I cover games, chips, hardware, R&D, and other tech. Wrote two books on Xbox.