AT&T U-verse, or simply U-verse, is a brand that gives you triple-delay services. It was launched on 26th June 2006 and included broadband internet, IP telephone, and popularly provides IPTV services today. The AT&T brand in September 2016, announced that the U-verse brand will no longer be applied to its broadband and internet services. Hence they renamed to AT&T Internet and AT&T Phone. Then 3 years later on September 2019, they announced that they will be shifting their users to AT&T TV and DirectTV, and will shut down U-verse TV. Here we will tell you about AT&T U-verse Login.
The AT&T U-verse Login Internet provides high-speed internet access to computers that are connected on-premises using Ethernet cabling or Wi-Fi from gateways or DSL modems. AT&T Internet that is powered by Fibre, also known as AT&T Fibre, provides Fibre-To-The-Home (FTTH) services in some selective markets.
Methods for Obtaining the IP Address of ATT Uverse Router
For Windows PC
Finding the IP address for AT&T U-verse Login in Windows PC can be carried out in two ways, they are:
- One method of finding out the IP address is by using the Public Static IP subnet.
- Launch the default browser on your PC à type in the IP address 192.168.1.254.
- Go to Home Network à click on Subnets and DHCP
- When prompted give the required passcode. (the default password is provided by the brand itself.)
- Under the Public Subnet heading, click the Public Subnet Enable and turn it on.
- Go to Public Gateway Address àEnter the router address in the space of the public static block.
- Next enter the Subnet mask.
- Enter usable IP addresses in the DHCPv4 Start Address and DHCPv4 End Address fields. Write the starting IP address and the end IP address in the spaces respectively.
- Click Save.
- Another method for AT&T U-verse Login is by Assigning an IP address.
- Go to your default web browser à Sign in to the router by entering https://192.168.1.254 in the address bar of the web browser.
- Click on Home Network à then click IP Allocation.
- Choose public IP to assign a specific device.
- Another method is by using the Gateway User Interface
- Go to Gateway Settings.
- Go to Home Network à click Wireless.
- Enter Device Access Code, present beside your gateway in the password field, if required.
- Then Submit.
For MacOS x
To login into ATT router for MacOS the following steps should be practiced:
- From the Mac device go to the router settings.
- Enter Modem Access Code which is on the side of the router.
- Select Home Network à click on Mac Filtering.
- Scroll down from the Mac Filtering Type à select Enabled.
- In the Manual Entry field enter the Mac address.
- Select Add à then Save.
Previous versions of iOS may fail to provide internet connections. Hence check your iPhone for recent updates. Follow the steps after the verification.
- Go to the iPhone home screen à go to settings.
- Navigate to à Wi-Fi settings.
- If the Wi-Fi is off slide it to turn it on.
- A list of nearby Wi-Fi connections will appear on the screen if there is any. Navigate through them to find your ATT Uverse router à select it.
- Enter the password à login to it
Logging in to ATT router from an Android device is almost similar to that of logging in to an iPhone. Users can log in to the router with the help of Smart Home Manager as well. To carry out the login process you can follow these steps:
- Open Smart Home Manager.
- Go to the main menu à Open the More option.
- Then select Network.
- Click on the Wi-Fi network name that is connected to the ATT U-verse router.
- Enter the password.
- You are now logged in
Steps to Perform AT&T U-verse Login
To login to your AT&T U-verse Login, you can follow the mentioned steps:
- Open any web browser from your wired or wirelessly connected device.
- In the Address Bar type in the following address- http://att.com and click enter.
- When the window opens navigate to the Manage My Account section. à Click on Register for Account Management.
- When that opens go to AT&T U-verse Login section à select register (if you are not registered).
- After that click on Login à Enter your password and username.
- You are now log in.
- (Skip the Register part if you are already a registered member of att.)
How to Find the Router’s Username and Password
An AT&T U-verse Login username and password can be achieved by following these steps:
- Go to any web browser à type http://192.168.1.254 into the URL bar.
- Go to Graphical user Interface à scroll down to Top Networking Features.
- Select the Wireless link.
- Go to Security à Wireless Network Key à click on Wi-Fi password.
- Re-enter password if key not visible.
- Go to the bottom of the page à select Save.
Troubleshooting Tips for AT&T U-verse Login
If the internet connection at your home or your workplace is faulty then you can check the problems yourselves before calling the professionals. If the speed of your internet connection is slow then check the following points to troubleshoot that problem.
- Check whether all your cables plug in properly and tightly to their respective plug-ins.
- The connectivity of your Wi-Fi router. Check its battery backup and confirm its power connections.
- You can check whether the internet connection is stable or not by checking its speed online with the help of any online Internet Speed Checker.
- Close all open streaming sites and downloads to minimize internet usage.
- Reset and restart the modem to give it a jump-start.
- Contact your local internet service provider and confirm your internet access and check whether all payments clear.
- Visit att.com/devicetroubleshoot for more information if needed.
AT&T U-verse is a well-known brand that provides high-speed internet services as well as television services and telephone services. Many router manufacturing companies have their tie-ups with AT&T U-verse Login for their internet connectivity marketing. Some routers under ATT U-verse are Netgear Nighthawk R7000, LinkSys Max-System EA9300, TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 Smart Router, etc. these routers are widely for high-speed internet connectivity. Due to its easy installation, it is a great choice for those who want to have the said facilities in one router.