Nowadays, the essential factor of our lives has become the internet. But we in no way accept a slow speed concerning browsing. The solution for this is getting the best Wi-Fi router that provides outstanding speed. But after buying a router, there is another tedious activity to set it up with the net. We continually rely upon our net providers for the setup procedure. These providers often put off the setup and also charge for it sometimes. Today, We will take you via the entire procedure of the Asus RT-N66U Setup
But if you happen to have bought the Asus RT-N66U, then fear not. We are here for your rescue. No, higher relying on different human beings for putting in place your router. Follow the article and setup your network connection. Yes, you heard it right! How will we be able to do such a complicated process all through ourselves, you could ask? Don’t you worry? This procedure isn’t always as severe and complicated as it seems. It is quite easy.
About Asus RT-N66U
The Asus RT-N66U is one of the most popular routers in the marketplace today.
Despite its security vulnerabilities, Asus RT-N66U has proved its performance in different fields and hence is a crowd favorite. It is quite low-cost, and it comes with a quick net setup.
Steps for Asus RT-N66U Setup
The steps for the Asus RT-N66U setup are given below. Follow them and enjoy your private network connection.
- Attach the antennas. Asus provides three antennas with the router. Screw all the three antennas in the given slots. This will ensure that Asus RT-N66U has range throughout your premises.
- Plug the AC adapter into the router and plug the router to a power source.
- Plug router into an internet device. You must have the internet via a DSL modem, cable modem, or fiber optic box. Connect one end of the given Ethernet cord to the out port on your modem or box. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cord into the blue Ethernet port on the back of Asus RT-N66U.
- Configure wireless settings. Click on the Wi-Fi icon. This icon is located at the bottom right corner on the windows device and the top right corner on mac device.
- Connecting router. Connect the router to either ASUS or ASUS_5G. Both options work. Make sure the connections are not loose.
- Configure the router. The router is configured on the access page. The router automatically redirects you to the access page. If you are not redirected, type http://192.168.1.1/ in the address bar.
Login to Asus RT-N66U
Follow these necessary steps to login after the Asus RT-N66U Setup.
- Creating a username and password. The first step in the Asus RT-N66U setup is to create an administrator username and password. You will have to enter this username and password whenever you attempt to alter the router settings. This username and password must be unique and secure. This is because anyone who has access to the Wi-Fi, username, and password can alter your router settings easily.
- Wait. You’ll have to wait for the router to detect the type of your internet connection.
- Naming your network. You need to create a unique name for your system known as SSID that identifies your network. Try making the SSID as creative as possible. The same name can be used for both 2GHz and 5GHz networks, or they can be given separate names as well. You can even set different passwords for the networks.
- Reconnecting to your system. After setting a new username and password, your network will disconnect automatically. You need to reconnect to your network.
- Returning to the router page. After reconnecting, you have to go back to the Asus RT-N66U setup web page. The webpage is located at http://192.168.1.1/
- Logging into your router. Using the newly created username and password in step 7, log into your router.
Update Your Router
- Updating firmware. Go to the administration tab and choose the firmware upgrade tab. Check for the latest firmware version, click on the check button. It will take some time for the router to connect to the Asus website and check for an update.
- Updating your router. A window will pop up on your screen asking whether to upgrade your firmware or not for Asus RT-N66U Setup. Choose yes/OK (depends on the operating system used).
- Wait. It will take some time for the firmware to download and then for the software to be installed. So, be patient.
- Rebooting. After successful installation, a screen will appear which will ask you to reboot Asus RT-N66U. Go to the router and switch on and off the button. This may take a few minutes.
- Reconnecting to the router. Choose your router once again from the options. At the Firmware Upgrade tab confirm your firmware has upgraded by clicking Check.
- Logging back into the router. Connect to the router at http://192.168.1.1/ . And, once again log into your router using the username and password.
Congratulations!! By now, you will have completed setting up your router. Even if the setup process looks lengthy, it is not. The steps are smooth to follow without any complications. Following the steps, as they’re stated, will help you set up your router within 10 minutes. We hope this manual was helpful for Asus RT-N66U setup all by yourself.
If you still have any queries, contact us and we will be more than glad to help you. Also, do give your valuable remarks for us to enhance as there is always room for improvement. Thank you and revel in the use of your functional, fast, and steady Asus RT-N66U router. Adios!