People everywhere rely heavily on the internet for their daily work. Most of the devices we use require the internet to optimize their function. This is where routers come into play. A router is essentially a bridge that connects numerous devices to the internet and other networks. Every device is provided with an IP address. Routers utilize IP packets to transfer and receive information from the internet or other devices. We will discuss below, the nature of IP address 192.168.10.253 and the method to access it.
NOTE: – Always type correct IP address in your browser i.e. “192.168.10.253” Most of the times we end up typing wrong IP such as
What Is IP Address 192.168.10.253?
To understand what IP address 192.168.10.253 is, we must first apprehend IP addresses.IP addresses or Internet Protocol Address is a unique code that is used to identify a particular device on the internet. It is similar to how coordinates (latitudes and longitudes) work to locate a specific global location. IP addresses are of two types; public and private. 192.168.10.253 is of the latter category. The benefit of a private IP address such as this one is that its accessibility is restricted to the devices connected to this network. Webcams, DVRs, modems, routers or other IoT devices can be configured to use this IP address.
Often companies such as TP-link, D-link, etc. ship out routers with a default IP address. This can be changed to any other private IP address within its range, i.e., anywhere from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255. Although changing it does not necessarily improve the network security.
How to Login into IP 192.168.10.253
Before we go ahead, make sure you are connected to a stable internet connection via Ethernet cable or wireless connection. Next, verify that the username and password match with your IP address to go through the procedure seamlessly. If you do not know your username and password, refer to your router’s documents.
It is common to have username and password as “admin”, but to avoid any confusion look it up or contact your dealer. Once you’re ready with the username and password, follow the procedure below to access the admin panel.
- Begin by opening a web browser and then open a new tab. There is no specific web browser to adhere to, so feel free to go with the one you are comfortable with.
- Then enter the IP address 192.168.10.253 in the address bar as in the generator. This will connect you to the router with this specific IP address.
- You should now be on a page requesting your username and password for authentication. Go ahead and enter your login credentials to access your router.
- From here, you should be able to access all the router’s functionalities such as
- Monitoring the people/devices connected to your network
- Speeding up your internet by tweaking the wireless channel
- Preventing network slow down by using quality of service
- Extending your network range using another router or range extender and so much more.
There is another method to login to this IP address, but it is relatively more complicated and requires some knowledge in command prompt.
How To Fix Login Page Error
This approach as mentioned above is straight forward and should work with little to no trouble. However, unfortunately if you do run into a bit of hiccup, there are few things which you can do to troubleshoot this issue.
- If there is a connectivity problem or a signal drop off, ensure that the internet connection is stable. Turn off the internet connection and turn it back on after a minute or two.
- If the browser displays an error page
- First, verify that the username and password matches with the IP address 192.168.10.253. This might seem obvious, but it is a very common mistake and often people ignore it.
- Try the procedure again after rebooting the router.
- Sometimes firewalls tend to block unknown pages. It might help to disable the firewall temporarily. Be sure to turn it back on once you’re done.
- Finally, as a last resort, factory reset the router. This should be done only if nothing else works since it will reset your router to its original configuration.
Change Username And Password Of Your Router
It is of paramount importance to change the username and password of your router once you’ve logged in with the default credentials. This is because, anyone with the default credentials your router manufacturer uses, can login when they are within range. This brings about a massive security issue which you should avoid due to obvious reasons. Don’t fret just yet. Changing your username and password is the easiest part. Follow the steps below
- Begin by logging in to your router as an admin by following the previous steps, i.e., open browser> enter IP address> login with default username and password.
- After you’ve logged in, search for a tab with the name settings and click it.
- Once inside settings, click the security tab.
Note: In the settings page, the security tab may sometimes be called administrative.
- From here you can set your desired username and password.
This method of gaining access to your router is easy and is important to know for anybody using a private 192.168.10.253 IP address. Although private IP addresses may change from router to router, the way to access the administrator panel remains the same.
It is preferable to use the internet while logging in for the first time with an Ethernet cable, to ensure a stable network. If you choose to use the Wi-Fi, make sure you are in the same room as the router and as close as possible to avoid any signal interference. Finally, if the router does not respond to the default IP address, remember to factory reset it and you should have no problem.