If you use the internet frequently, you have a router or Wi-Fi at home. To access your router and change your wireless network settings, type 192.168.1.117 into your browser. There is a working Wi-Fi network, but you need a password to access it.
Using a computer or other technological devices, you can access the internet. Your router’s default IP is 192.168.1.117, but you might need to look it up if something goes wrong. You can restore the router if you know the login and password.
Due to our broad experience, we can assist you in various ways. We’ll provide you access to your router or other equipment, offer useful troubleshooting tips, and assist you with any problems. Let’s discuss the details.
- 1 More Information Regarding 192.168.1.117
- 2 How to Access the 192.168.1.117 Admin login?
- 3 How to Change Your Wi-Fi Network’s Name and Password?
- 4 How To Modify Your Local 192.168.1.117 IP Address?
- 5 192.168.1.117 Router Configuration Instructions
- 6 FAQS
- 7 Conclusion
More Information Regarding 192.168.1.117
Your router has been given a public IP address. A local, private, or gateway IP address is 192.168.1.117. Computer devices will make data requests over the internet using this router address.
The ISP and websites use the public IP address to send information to your router, which then sends the information back to your computer screen using the private IP address.
How to Access the 192.168.1.117 Admin login?
You must use the router’s 192.168.1.117 login address to change your Wi-Fi network. Even though your router was installed by a professional, possibly your ISP, and everything is functioning as it should, you may still need to use the IP address if something goes wrong.
Accessing the router’s admin page is always a good idea if you need to make a change, and doing so is easier than you may imagine.
- You likely have a laptop, PC, or smartphone if you have a router or computer with internet access. A wired or wireless ethernet connection connects your computing device to your router.
- Open your favorite web browser on your PC and connect to your router. Popular browsers include Safari, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Mozilla. Your IP address is 192.168.1.117, so open your browser and type it into the search bar.
- You can access the login part of your router’s administrative website by searching for 192.168.1.117. Then, enter the username and password for the router. You can open the menu on the router admin page by providing the appropriate information.
You can discover the default login information on the router base if you need to know the login information for your router. The router’s official website must mention these. The login details will be reset to their initial settings. Any modifications to your router will be lost.
How to Change Your Wi-Fi Network’s Name and Password?
You can experiment with more router settings, but you might also want to change the Wi-Fi network’s specifics. Its SSID or Service Set Identifier knows your Wi-Fi network. To fix this:
- Navigate to the menu for general settings.
- Choose the Wi-Fi settings option.
- Put the name of the Wi-Fi network you want to use in the SSID field.
- Save your changes.
The option to modify your Wi-Fi network password will be available in the same menu as the SSID. After choosing, please enter your desired password in the Wi-Fi network password area.
Your router’s and Wi-Fi network’s login credentials have now been established. It would help if you continued exploring after securing your internet. You can configure parental controls or optimize your network as just two examples.
See Also: Best Router For Frontier FiOS In 2023
How To Modify Your Local 192.168.1.117 IP Address?
Your router’s real local IP address is another commonly modified router parameter. Two IP addresses associate with your router. Their details are provided below. If you decide to change your IP address from 192.168.1.117, note your new address since you will need it to access your router’s admin page.
- Go back to your router’s admin page. Search for the general settings menu or a menu with a similar name on the home page. The instructions for doing such are provided above.
- Next, choose “network settings.”
- Find “router settings” by navigating through this menu. You will enter your IP address here.
- Save your edits.
See Also: How To Reset Spectrum Router- Easy Methods
192.168.1.117 Router Configuration Instructions
Navigating the router admin page can be challenging because of all the numbers and technical terms. Changing the login, as mentioned above information is a fantastic place to start.
- Access the router admin page by following the instructions mentioned above. When you reach the general settings menu on the home page, scroll through the list of options to get there.
- To access a menu with a similar name, select the router password.
- Input the password you want to use. In addition to being safe, you want it to be memorable.
- Keep the details saved regardless of the adjustments you make.
You can also modify the username for the router in the general settings section.
See Also: How To Configure Netgear WAN Port | Complete Step-Wise Guide
Are administrator password resets included in router resets?
Please note that a router reset will remove all your customized settings. The router's user name and password will be changed to its factory defaults, which are listed on the router label. The Wi-Fi name and password you created will be removed along with your customized Wi-Fi settings.
Does a location affect IP address changes?
Your IP address will indeed change. It is extremely uncommon to maintain the same IP Address when relocating to a new location, even if you keep the same ISP. It is because of the use of alternative cables and connecting methods.
What are the router's two sides?
The WAN (Wide Area Network) interface is the name of the initial router interface. The router's public IP address is located on this side, which is the side that confronts the internet. The local Area Network (LAN) interface is the name of the second router interface.
Which two Wi-Fi router types are there?
Our ratings include two types of wireless routers: mesh routers, a more recent form, and conventional single-unit wireless routers. You're undoubtedly already familiar with the first kind, which you connect to your modem to build a Wi-Fi network at home.
Following this page’s comprehensive steps, you can use the IP address 192.168.1.117 to access your router or other devices. The best username, password, and ways to fix typical login problems have all been covered.
If you adhere to the guidelines in this article, getting access to the control panel on your network or another device should be simple. Along with it, we answered a few frequently asked queries.
Originally hailing from Troy, Ohio, Ry Crist is a text-based adventure connoisseur, a lover of terrible movies and an enthusiastic yet mediocre cook. He has a strong appreciation for nifty, well-designed tech that saves time, looks stylish, and/or helps him avoid burning his dinner quite so often. Ry lives in Louisville, Kentucky.