An IP is the set of rules or protocols that each network has to follow. And an IP address is an identification of the network you are using. To be very precise it’s just like your home address only the difference is instead of giving the location of where you live it will give the location of your network. This 192.168.0.100 IP is assigned to every device you use over a network. The routers have their IP.
About IP 192.168.0.100
192.168.0.100 is a private IP address. It means that it can only be used on private networks. It can be the IP address of the router or any other device which is connected to that network. Due to this reason, the private IP address does not need to be unique except within the local network.
What happens is the manufacturer of the routers assigns a default IP to their route. It can be many other, and 192.168.0.100 is not a very common IP address. But still, some of the Broadband models and access points to use it. Like every other IP address, this IP can also be used for Configuring your devices using their Administrative console.
This address is used by Modems, routers or any other devices which are connected to a network and it includes IOT devices too. Some of the net gears that use this IP address are SerComm and USRobotics etc.
How to Login To 192.168.0.100
The process to login into 192.168.0.100 is quite easy.
- Open your web browser.
- Type 192.168.0.100 in the search window, and it will redirect you to a page where it will ask you username or password.
- After entering the username and password, your admin page will be open. And you can configure your device.
- There are a whole lot of parameters here with which you can experiment using this page.
- You can experiment with bandwidth and transmission rate as well as you can also monitor various devices connected to your router.
- And the most important thing is to change the username and password of 192.168.0.100 IP address of your device to avoid any security risks.
Sometimes it can also happen that there is no password or username predefined by the manufacturer. In that case, you have to configure the system on your own.
Just a quick reminder. Always type IP correctly because if you get it wrong, you can not access your settings.
How to know Your Router’s IP
- Click windows button and open search field in the right of the start menu.
- Type cmd there.
- A window named as command prompt will open up, in there enter a command ifconfig.
- You will get a list of different addresses. There will be IP address, Mac address, Broadcasting address.
- Router’s IP address will be listed under section Local Area Network and will be identified as Default Gateway.
How to Change Password
If you want to change your password, it’s again a rather easy procedure.
- Open your administrative panel by entering your username and password at the https://192.168.0.100.
- Change your default settings and then apply.
What If you forget your Username and Password
Now that’s the most important question. What if you forget your username or password. It’s a bit complicated procedure so pay close attention(And please try to remember your Password if you can).
- First of all one needs to turn off the router.
- Now you have to make sure that you press and hold the reset button present somewhere on the rear panel of the router. You will need some fine thing to do so. For eg. Needle, Pointed Pin or a Compass. Now be very precise. Do not release the reset button and turn on the router. You have to keep hold it right there at least for around 5-10 seconds.
- Now you have to release the button and wait for the device to reset.
- Now you have to connect the router to a network using a network cable or using a Wi-Fi connection.
Doing this will configure your router to default factory settings and you will lose all your pre-configured settings.
Make a note of some very important points:
- Your Router should be powered on before it restarts completely.
- At first, try your default username and Password as admin.
- And always check that IP address of your computer should be as same as subnet of your router. That means subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0.
How to troubleshoot router errors?
Here are some of the ways through which you can troubleshoot router issues and access the router interface. Read them thoroughly to eradicate all these issues and set up your private network.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cord is in a decent operating condition for wired networks. Fix all the loose connections, or else you won’t be able to connect to your router and access the admin panel.
- Many times people try to establish the network with the router that isn’t compatible with their device. Thus, we suggest that you must check whether the router you are using is friendly with the device or not.
- Often, when two or more devices use the same network, IP address conflicts occur, and none of them gets good internet speed. Make sure that the same is not taking place with you.
- Ensure that the power supply is on, and wifi strength is good enough to function correctly. Switch on LAN LED in case it’s switched off.
- Researchers claim that vertical antennas render the most extensive coverage area. So, if the antennas of your router are kept horizontal, reposition them.
- Go through the user’s manual provided to you by the service provider. Study it carefully to know about the directions of using the router.
Read the pointers with the utmost attention and ensure that you follow the instructions.
This is a private network which can be accessed only when you are a part of that network. That means you can only access it if your device is the part of subnet of that IP 192.168.0.100, unlike any public network. You can use this private IP address with local systems network. Make sure that you have put proper IP address.
If you use ping command for this 192.168.0.100 IP address, you cannot do it unless you are a part of that network. Only if you are part of the network, you can use the command.
You need to have a good network connection in your Offices or Houses if you want your network to work properly. And if you want to configure the devices with Router’s you need to configure it using the admin panel only. There is no other way you can configure it. And also to change any device settings you have to use the same Admin panel. So it’s essential to know about the networks you are using as well as it’s configuration.